Are you a VMI alumnus or advanced volunteer manager who’s ready to take your volunteer management to the next level? Join us to enhance your volunteer leadership skills even further, and in turn, expand the value and impact of volunteer engagement in your organization.
- Are the things you value and believe about volunteers reflected in your organization’s culture?
- How does your organization’s culture support or limit the role of volunteers?
- What does it mean to be a leader of volunteer engagement?
Jennifer Bennett, Senior Manager Education & Training at VolunteerMatch, joins us to discuss how an organization’s culture may support or limit effective volunteer engagement. We’ll explore the goals, values, and beliefs around volunteer engagement that can allow an organization to more thoroughly engage, and more effectively deploy, volunteers in mission-driven work. We’ll also explore the idea of transformational leadership and how it can be used to affect meaningful change, create a culture of volunteer engagement, and help you become the leader your organization needs.
During this day-long workshop, through the use of examples and case studies, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Recognize your organization’s volunteer engagement culture and evaluate its strengths and weaknesses.
- Apply the concepts of transformational leadership to your role, complete a personal Leadership Skills Needs Assessment and determine your strengths and areas for growth as a transformational leader.
- Prepare your own leadership needs assessment and one for your organization to determine what type of leadership skills are most aligned with the goals and culture of your organization.
- Design a communication and action plan to share the importance of an inclusive culture of volunteer engagement with other leaders in your organization.
- Create evaluation and measurement tools to effectively develop or shift the culture of volunteer engagement to one that is open and supportive of the work volunteers do, and acknowledges the value they bring to their organization.
Our presenter, Jennifer R. Bennett, CVA, joined VolunteerMatch to formalize and manage the organization’s volunteer engagement program. She is a strong believer in the importance of engaging volunteers in meaningful work and was certified in Volunteer Administration in 2009, joined the Board of the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration in 2012, and is the current Board Chair.
Volunteer Management Institute II is sponsored by: