Are you a volunteer manager who’s ready to take your program to the next level? Join us to enhance your volunteer leadership skills even further, and in turn, expand the value and impact of volunteer engagement in your organization.
Tobi Johnson, an internationally sought after master trainer in volunteer engagement, will lead this two-part, full day workshop on trending topics for advanced volunteer managers.
Leadership in a Changing World: Adapting Today’s Strategy to Engage Tomorrow’s Volunteers
New trends in technology are helping us understand what motivates people to action. Emerging technologies enable us to automate and personalize experiences to better meet the needs of our supporters. As society evolves, so too does volunteerism. Join us as we explore thought-provoking cultural trends and scientific research that will transform our practice.
You will learn:
- Two big shifts that are affecting how we attract, engage, & support volunteers, including technological advances and neuroleadership
- Ways to create a brain-friendly workplace for volunteers
- Tactical solutions to integrate into strategic program planning & delivery
Building Bridges & Buy-In: Planning Your Communications Strategy
Many organizations haven’t tapped the full power of the digital age to connect and deepen relationships with volunteers. Planning and launching a communications strategy for your volunteer program may sound complicated and expensive, but it isn’t. There are simple, low-cost software solutions to get and stay connected.
We will break down the needs of your key stakeholder groups and develop an action plan to meet them. By communicating regularly and authentically, you can give volunteers the opportunity to feel like a valued part of your team.
You will learn:
- How to develop personas for each of your key stakeholder groups – current volunteers, prospective volunteers, co-workers, and executive leadership – that will guide your strategy
- How to employ low-cost proven internal & external marketing tactics that will speak to each of your audiences
- How to map out a clear, realistic action plan that doesn't feel haphazard
- How to get volunteers involved in supporting the plan & boost their leadership skills at the same time
Tobi Johnson is an internationally sought after expert, consultant, and master trainer in volunteer engagement. She is known for her modern thought leadership, highly practical evidence-based strategies, and innovative, “big hat” thinking around engaging, supporting, and acknowledging the work of volunteers. She has over 25 years direct experience in nonprofit management, program development, program coordination, training delivery and learning design in the social sector.
Tobi is the President of Tobi Johnson & Associates, a consulting firm whose mission is to help nonprofit organizations make connections with remarkable volunteers. In 2015, she founded VolunteerPro, an online training and networking community for leaders of volunteers.
More Programs on Volunteer Management:
Volunteer Management Institute
- September 12