Philanthropy Awards Luncheon
With more than 1,000 members of the nonprofit and business community attending every year, the Philanthropy Awards Luncheon is Kansas City's oldest and largest celebration of giving. The funds raised at the Luncheon allow Nonprofit Connect to continue to offer education, resources and networking so that area nonprofit organizations can more effectively achieve their missions.
Call for Nominations
Who makes a difference in our community? Help Nonprofit Connect honor those who embody the spirit of giving in Kansas City. Nominate an individual, business or organization for the 34th Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon.
Nomination deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 3.
If you have questions about the nomination form or criteria, please contact Branden Haralson at 816-888-5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1. Read the 2018 Nomination Criteria & Past Recipients.
Step 2. Complete an online Nomination Form.
- Click here for the Nomination Form for Excellence in Impact or Excellence in Collaboration Awards.
- Click here for the Nomination Form for all other awards.
Nominations are considered active for two years. If you completed a nomination in Fall 2016, your nomination is still eligible for consideration this year. If you would like to update your eligible nomination, please contact Branden Haralson at email@example.com or 816-888-5600.
Philanthropy Award Categories
Philanthropist of the Year
Emerging Philanthropist of the Year
Business Philanthropist of the Year
Nonprofit Professional of the Year
Emerging Nonprofit Professional of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Emerging Volunteer of the Year
Excellence in Collaboration
Excellence in Impact
Save the Date
The 34th Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon will be Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at the Muehlebach Tower of the Kansas City Marriott Downtown.
Congratulations to our 2017 Honorees!
Thank you to all who joined us to celebrate these honorees, and remember to let good grow.
- Dr. William A. & Mary Reed, Philanthropists of the Year
- The Miller Group, Business Philanthropist of the Year
- Frank Byrne, Nonprofit Professional of the Year
- Linda & Terry Ward, Volunteers of the Year
- Jessica Best & Brian Stewart, Emerging Philanthropists of the Year
- Sarah Reape, Emerging Nonprofit Professional of the Year
- Jake Jacobson, Emerging Volunteer of the Year
- Artists Helping the Homeless & Saint Luke's Hospital, Excellence in Collaboration
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City, Excellence in Impact
Browse photos from the 2017 Luncheon!
Watch the Luncheon videos!
Pat & Beth McCown
The Michael R. and Marlys Haverty Family Foundation
Bill and Peggy Lyons
Linda & Terry Ward
In Memory of Beverly R. Bodker
Jessie A. Fuller
Donald J. Hall
Shirley & Barnett Helzberg Jr. Donor Advisory Fund