2022 Awards Celebration Honorees
39th Annual Nonprofit Connect Awards Celebration
The Nonprofit Connect Awards Celebration honors individuals and organizations for their outstanding commitment to positive impact in Kansas City. Now in its 39th year, the Awards Celebration has honored over 300 nonprofit professionals and organizations and remains the oldest and largest celebration of nonprofit excellence in Kansas City.
Save the Date
39th Annual Nonprofit Connect Awards Celebration
Thursday, June 1, 2023
2023 Awards Celebration Nominations
Nonprofit Connect is proud to celebrate the work being done by nonprofits in Kansas City. We invite you to nominate the nonprofit professionals and organizations who preform tremendous acts of service in our community, as well as the individuals and groups who advocate for them.
Nominations must be submitted using the online nomination form.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 816.759.8614.
The nomination deadline is 5:00 PM on Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
A diverse section committee of community leaders will review all nominations and select honorees. Nominations are reviewed in February 2023. Nominators are notified of the committee's decision in March 2023. If you are interested in being apart of the selection process, please fill out the 'Judges Interest Form' linked above.
The nomination process includes basic information about the nominee as well as a few open-ended questions that match the bulleted criteria listed under each award description. Judges will look for originality, broad impact and service, and specific examples and testimonies in the nomination form.
- Nominees must live and work in the Greater Kansas City area, and the impact of their work should focus on the Greater Kansas City area.
- All candidates must be willing and available for any pre-event production in Spring 2023. (Nonprofit Connect verifies this information upon selection.)
- All nominations are confidential, and Nonprofit Connect will not contact nominees unless they are selected.
- By submitting a nomination, you agree to allow Nonprofit Connect to use any nomination information submitted at the 2023 Nonprofit Connect Awards Celebration or for any associated communication or promotions.
- There is no limitation to the number of nominations that you may submit. Any duplicate submissions from multiple sources will be collectively considered as one nomination.
- A nonprofit organization or individual may be nominated in more than one award category, but separate form submissions are required.
- We welcome and encourage nominations for nonprofit organizations of all sizes. Some stories of nonprofit organizations and individuals are broadcasted louder than others; we encourage nominations from all.
- Self-nominations are allowed. You are your strongest advocate and best storyteller!
2023 Awards Celebration Categories
-Presented to an individual*.
-Demonstrated an outstanding commitment to champion a nonprofit organization.
-Exhibited support for the organization through personal leadership and service.
* Note: Designation of primary role (i.e. executive director, nonprofit staff member, board member, volunteer) will be requested on the nomination form. We welcome and encourage nominations of individuals in ANY role.
Equity In Action
-Presented to a nonprofit organization
-Exhibits an outstanding commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
-Continues to foster an inclusive culture.
-Presented to two nonprofit professionals (one executive, one staff member).
-Demonstrated extraordinary commitment to their organization.
-Used exceptional leadership and / or teamwork skills to find solutions to relevant issues.
-Presented to a nonprofit organization and another entity (i.e. business, foundation, government agency or nonprofit).
-Achieved greater results in service to the community through combined resources than one entity could have achieved on its own.
Excellence In Impact
-Presented to two nonprofit organizations (one large, one small).
-Found creative and inclusive solutions to expand their programs or provide additional services to their community.
-Demonstrated resourcefulness and determination to continue mission fulfillment.
Each day, nonprofit organizations perform tremendous acts of service that make Kansas City a better place to work and live. By sponsoring the Awards Celebration, you not only advocate for these organizations, but allow Nonprofit Connect to provide resources to help them fulfill their mission. View the sponsorship levels and benefits by utilizing the dropdown menus, or click here for a printable version.
For questions regarding sponsorships for the 2023 Awards Celebration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.759.8614.
Previous Award Winners
The 2022 Nonprofit Connect Award Celebration Honorees were:
Equity in Action
Kansas City Girls Preparatory Academy
Alphapointe with Rightfully Sewn
Excellence in Impact
Heartland Center for Jobs and Freedom (small division)
KC Shepherd’s Center (medium division)
TNC Community (large division)
Andy Betts (Executive)
Humaira Mirza (Staff Member)
For questions about the Awards Celebration, please contact email@example.com.