We are no longer accepting applications for this Fund Development Institute. The next Fund Development Institute will be held in August 2018.
Fund development is the lifeblood of nonprofits, yet many organizations struggle with creating a sustainable funding model. With resource challenges like urgent program demands, limited staff, experience in fundraising, and shifting trends, it can prove difficult to find the time and know-how to craft a compelling case for support, write an effective grant proposal and ask directly for major gift support.
The Fund Development Institute is a 5-session, hands-on institute that builds basic fund development skills, introduces advanced techniques, and works with executive directors and development staff alike to find and focus time for the essential work of fundraising. The curriculum includes:
- Building The Case: concrete, compelling specifics that help your organization stand out.
- Intentional Communication: messages and marketing that raise money.
- Fundraising Nitty-Gritty: from getting in the door to "thank you for your gift;" real how-to's for every stage of fund development.
- Grants and Proposals: how to write (and report!) to raise more money.
- Heartfelt Gratitude: how to thank effectively so that donors give again and again.
- Making Time for Fundraising: how to build a fundraising calendar that works.
- Plus a little Affirmation, Motivation, and Celebration!
Each of the five sessions include instruction and practice on your own organization's actual materials, website, and calendar.
This institute is designed so that participants walk away every day with skills and approaches that can be used immediately.
Who should attend:
Fundraisers, Fund Developers, Advancement Professionals and Executive Directors - those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- The Institute consists of five one-day (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) bi-weekly sessions: March 6, March 20, April 3, April 17 & May 1.
- Facilitators are Jenna Goodman and Nancy Jackson, experienced nonprofit fundraisers.
- Sessions will be held at Nonprofit Connect, 125 E. 31st Street, Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Attendance is limited to 20 participants who commit to attending all five sessions in full.
- Participants must be Nonprofit Connect members. (Not a member? Click here.)
- Open to those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- Participants commit to attending all five sessions.
- Selected by application process.